This month, we’ll watch a film and learn all about raising chickens using Permaculture principles. If you’ve ever thought about having some backyard chickens in the city, there’s a lot of valuable information here to get you started!
Bring some food to share if you’d like. Bring your own plates and utencils, and let’s try to make this a no-waste event! The film is about 2.5 hours, so we’ll start right at 7PM, and we may have a short break in the middle if we need one!
Included in the film:
– Joel Salatin on why permaculture chickens (yes, I said Joel Salatin).
Easily get started with your 1st flock.
– Creative feeding programs sourced onsite to cut costs up to 100%.
– Feed on compost, sprouts, wild foods, worms, tree crops, garden…
– Lessen your workload by using chickens in the garden.
– Appropriate housing options for coop’s and mobile shelters.
– Using technology, like electric netting, to easily manage your birds.
– Work with nature to maximize yields while minimizing inputs.
– Humanely butcher and preserving for food security.
– Preparing delicious dishes.
– Making a right livelihood with profitable farmer, Joel Salatin.
– Follow the pro’s on large scale chicken chores at Polyface Farms.
– See the city chick operations in Pat Forman’s back yard.
– Grow and use herbs to prevent and treat illness with Lisa Steele.
– Breed your own for 100% self-sustainability with Jim Adkins.
– Hatching chicks with mother hen to easily raise your own.
– Adjust to winter and summer extremes to maximize production.
Wow sounds so interesting!
Sent from my iPhone